SRI KALISWARI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY, SIVAKASI
INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO PONDICHERRY
31-01-2020 To 02-02-2020
Report of the Industrial visit to Pondicherry from 31-01-2020 to 02-02-2020 by II MBA students is given below:
First Day of the visit (31-01-2020) – Friday
On the first day, we visited factories located at the PIPDIC Industrial Estate, Mettupalayam, Pondicherry from morning till evening.
- Kamal Foam Pvt Ltd- Manufacturers of PU Foam Matresses and Foam sheets for garment industry. MD of the Unit interacted with the students. Explained the various chemicals to be mixed for preparing foam. Also demonstrated the manufacturing and slicing process.
- Allva Plast – Manufacturers of PVC Pipes of various sizes. The Unit in-charge explained about the raw materials being used, how the process is carried out and the various sizes of pipes they manufacture
- Flavours India Pvt Ltd – Manufacturers of Food Flavours, Caramel, Food Colours, and Preservatives. They supply all over India. Their clients include Food industry – cake, chocolates, ice-creams, beverages, Pharmaceutical companies. In-charge person of Quality Control interacted with the students about the application of their products in various industries.
- Sun Fab Metal Coating–Fabrication Unit – engaged in aluminium powder coating and electroplating of auto components. This unit comes under hazardous process and as such no others have got license for such units in Pondicherry. The MD of the Unit interacted with the students and shown the processes involved.
- Ruchi Packaging Pvt Ltd – The Manager explained about the manufacturing of Self -Adhesive Tape, Packaging Material, bopp tapes, PP strappings. Their focus is on industrial adhesives which they manufacture in various sizes and colours with or without printing.
- Kosh Innovations– A proprietorship concern, manufactures components –water inlet and outlet pipes for whirlpool, Samsung and other Industry specific needs. The company is diversified into manufacturing of various corrugated pipes, hoses, sleeves and precision injection moulding parts for Automobile & Consumer Durable Industries. The MD and HR incharge jointly interacted with the students at the end of the visit.
- Gothi Plascon India Ltd– They are the pioneers to introduce the concept of plastic disposable products into India at a very early stage. They manufacture plastic cups for ice creams –Aavin, Arun, Dairy Day and the like. The company is also diversified into built- in facilities for lease to offer to MNC’s. The Chairman and Managing Director discussed about the transition that has happened in his field over the period of 30 years.
Second Day of the visit (01-02-2020) – Saturday
8. Brite industries- Bright Brothers Ltd – The company was established in 1947 and they have manufacturing locations in six places in India. In Pondicherry, the unit is located at a place called Thirubhuvanai where they manufacture a wide range of Plastic Molding parts for the OEM of Consumer Durable Products like Washing machines and water Purifiers, also engaged in the manufacturing of Crates of various sizes. A person from HR Department answered the queries posted by the students about the Human Resource Management at the end of the visit.
9. Sree Ramana Cartons – located at Villupuram, A Proprietorship Concern engaged in the manufacturing of Packaging Cartons, printed duplex board cartons. The students were explained about the processes involved. The MD had an interaction with the faculty members.
10. E-MOX Manufacturing Private Limited – located in Sedarapet Industrial Area, Thindivanam Highway, Pondicherry – the company is a manufacturer & Supplier Of Pet Stretch Moulding, Extrusion Blow Moulding, Injection Moulding, Injection Blow Moulding & Mould Food Container. The students were also shown the oil filling and packaging process of parachute coconut oil.
- The Industrial visit ended by 5.30pm and after that the students visited Panchavadi Anjeneyar Temple and Manakula Vinayakar Temple and returned to the place of stay by 7.45pm.
- Mr.Muthuraman of Stikwell Industries who organised the entire visit came along with his wife to meet us at the Guest House by 9.15pm. We expressed our heartfelt thanks to him personally for all the arrangements, hospitality and support & guidance.
Third Day of the visit (02-02-2020) – Sunday
On the last day of the visit, the students visited
- Sri Aurobindho Ashram in the morning by 8.00am and after breakfast came back and vacated the New Guest House.
- Went to Auroville–the universal town. At Auroville Visitors Centre, students saw the Video show about the creation of Auroville and the facilities at Auroville. Next, as special arrangement, we were taken to Banyan Tree very close to Matri Mandir.
- From 4.30pm to 6.30 pm Students visited Sunday Market located at MG Road for purchase.
After refreshments and Dinner, we started our journey back by 8.30 pm and arrived at Sivakasi by 6.30am on 03-02-2020.
Overall the entire trip was a very good learning experience. The Industries arranged, Place of Stay, the lunch arrangement for two days, the hospitality extended by the industries and the excellent arrangements made by Mr. Muthuraman of Stikwell Industries made the visit more memorable.
1. Mrs.K.Shenbaga Lakshmi
2. Ms.P.S. Krishna Sudha
3. Mr.N.Vasantha Hasan